“Forestry is the science or practice of planting, managing, conserving and maintaining forests and its associated resources with the aim to meets the goal of human benefit .”
As we all know that forest is a very important part of an ecosystem. Therefore, management of forests is required and is done by the foresters (forest professionals).
A practitioner of forestry is known as a Forester.
What does a Forester do?
- Foresters are involved in many activities that include ecological restoration, timber harvesting, and protection of natural resources.
- They develop forest management plans for public and privately-owned forested lands
- Their role exists in choosing sites for new trees.
- They are also involved in the planning and supervising of forestry projects.
- Promote a sustainable economy through renewable forest products.